4 large portabella mushroom caps, cleaned with stems removed
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley Flakes
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Smoked Tea Rub
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
4 slices Swiss cheese
2 cups fresh greens (lettuce, sprouts, spinach, etc.)
4 whole wheat buns
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, Dried Parsley, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and Smoked Tea Rub.
- Place mushrooms in a glass dish. Do not overlap them.
- Brush mushroom tops with marinade. Flip and brush remaining marinade on the other side. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high, indirect heat.
- Place mushrooms cap side up on clean, hot grill grates. Close the grill and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Carefully flip the mushrooms cap side down and place equal amounts of spinach on each mushroom with a slice of cheese. Close the grill and cook another 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Toast the buns on the grill if desired and dress each burger on a bun with mustard, tomatoes, lettuce and onion.