- 1 ¾ Cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar, loosely packed
- In a food processor or a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and salt.
- If using a food processor, add the butter to the dry ingredients and pulse until the flour looks like coarse sand and butter is well incorporated. If using fork and knife, cut butter into dry ingredients until the flour looks like coarse sand and butter is well incorporated.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, pumpkin puree, and light brown sugar. Add the dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix by hand just until ingredients have blended and a dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- You have 2 options for the shape of the biscuits:
- If you want cut biscuits, lightly flour your surface and roll dough to 1” thickness. Use a 2” cutter to cut the biscuits. We’ve found that a ⅓ cup measuring cup works well. Just take a knife and cut around cup. Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet touching each other.
- If you want drop biscuits, simply drop dough on baking sheet with a spoon. Gently shape into rounds with your fingers.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes at 425F.