- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into 4 equal portions
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal - you can also substitute all purpose flour
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs, unseasoned
- 3 teaspoons Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning, divided
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare 3 shallow dishes, each large enough for 1-2 pieces of chicken.
- In the first dish, add the Almond Meal.
- In the second dish, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning.
- In the third dish, mix together the panko crumbs and 1 teaspoon of Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning.
- Take a chicken breast, put it in the Almond Meal, cover completely and shake off any extra before moving to the next dish.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and buttermilk mixture.
- Move the chicken to the third dish and cover completely with the panko crumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Continue with each piece of chicken until all of the chicken is breaded. Discard all remaining ingredients from the 3 dishes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- Remove chicken from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil and remaining 1 teaspoon of Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning.
- Drizzle hot oil evenly over chicken before serving. Alternately, forego the oil and dust the hot chicken with additional Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning before letting it rest for 10 minutes. Serve.