2 C all-purpose flour, (may use up to half whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
8 Tbsp cold butter
1/4 C chopped pecans or pecan meal
1/2 C heavy cream
1/4 C maple syrup
1 tsp maple favoring
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 C confectioners sugar
2 tsp soft butter
2-3 Tbsp cream
1/4 tsp maple flavor
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Grate and cut in the cold butter until the size of small peas.
3. Stir in the pecans.
4. Whisk together the cream, syrup, and flavorings. Pour over the dry ingredients.
5. Stir together until just combined.
6. Place dough on counter top. Bring together into a 1″ thick circle 6-7″ across.
7. Cut into desired size wedges and place 1″ apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake top rack 375 degree preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until firm to the touch.
9. Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over still warm scones.
Love to Cook?
Sign up for one of our Cooking Classes.